The Georgia Real Estate Commission requires that each Salesperson successfully complete a 25-hour Post-license course within one year of issuance of an original Salesperson license. At our Donald Free School Of Real Estate you can complete the Salesperson Post-license in a friendly classroom setting which will get you prepared for the final exam. Please contact Ricki Free at (478) 955-5986 for class schedules and available courses at our training facility.
Extracts from Georgia Rules and Regulations
520-1-.05 Maintaining a license
O.C.G.A. Section 43-40-8 (d) requires that each salesperson must furnish to the Commission within one year of the issuance of an original salesperson’s license evidence of satisfactory completion of a post-license course of study of at least 25 instructional hours (other than the Salespersons Prelicense Course or Brokers Prelicense Course) approved by the Commission. Salespersons must have completed such course:
- no earlier than one year before the date of issuance of the original salesperson’s license, or
- no later than either:
- one year after the date of issuance of an original salesperson’s license or
- eighteen months after the date of issuance of an original salesperson’s license if the
salesperson qualifies for the six month extension of time authorized by the O.C.G.A. Section 43- 40-8(d)
- if the salesperson is a non-resident who has successfully completed in his or her state of residence a post-license course substantially similar to Georgia’s Salespersons Post-license Course prior to the issuance of a Georgia salesperson’s license (or in the first year after being issued such a license), then such course shall be deemed to have met the requirements of O.C.G.A. Section 43-40-8(d)
- In order to renew an active license, a licensee shall furnish to the Commission evidence of satisfactorily completing thirty-six (36) instructional hours of continuing education courses during the renewal period. The effective date of this requirement shall be July 1, 2015. Any licensee who renews an active license on or after this date must have completed thirty-six (36) hours of continuing education courses to renew.
- A licensee shall satisfactorily complete at least three (3) hours of continuing education on the topic of license law during each renewal period. The effective date of this requirement shall be July 1, 2016. Any licensee who renews an active license on or after this date must have completed at least three (3) hours of continuing education on the topic of license law in order to renew.